Feb 28th, 2017:
"Dreams Unbroken" has just been selected as a semi-finalist in the 2016 International Songwriting Competition in the AAA/Americana category. Finalists and winners will be announced at the end of March.
The song can be found on the 2010 release, "Psychedelic Delta Moonshine".
This is the seventh time Andy has made it to the finals or semi finals in international songwriting contests. Listen, and wish him luck!
All proceeds go to
St. Jude's Children's Hospital
"Your voice & material work EXCELLENTLY TOGETHER. Love your rasp, Andy. Well written, tight & SPARSE. Great job, brotha. You shouldn't change a thing. Thanks for letting me play on it!"
(writer of Sweet
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Music & Art @ Main
709 B Main St, Nashville, TN 37206
2909 N. Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, IL 62702
Listen as Andy talks with Tim Hibbs about his new album.
The Vinyl Lunch - a 2-hour program where they talked about Andy's career, played some of his music and dug into the deep stack of vinyl he brought to play on the show. 3/8/2016
The virtual lounge is open and Ty and Nick welcome singer/songwriter Andy Logan to Beats and Eats. Andy had big success with his arena rock band "Little America" in the late 80's selling thousands of records for the Geffen label. He's continued his success as a solo artist and his latest release is "Transistors of Mercy." The new record features a heavy guitar sound that harkens back to a time when the instrument was an important part of American music. Ty and Andy discuss decline of the guitar in popular music and why it's due to make a comeback. Plus, Andy looks back on the start of his career with Little America and his evolution as a solo artist. If you're a fan of rock music, and the guitar, this happy hour for the mind is not to be missed.
- Lead guitarist , co-lead singer and main songwriter with Geffen's Little America. Had two top ten singles. (Remember "Walk On Fire"?) Did extensive touring, national TV and radio interviews and appeared in regular rotation on MTV, performed live on "Dick Clark Presents", England's "Top of the Pops", and others. Sold 100,000 records.
- Little America's first album was voted one of the top ten albums of the year by Jon Bon Jovi in "Rolling Stone", whereby Andy instantly liked him.
- SIX of his songs have reached the finals in international songwriting contests.
- Sang background vocals on Steve Earle's "More Than I can Do" , receiving the highest compliment from Steve: "Logan - He ain't right."
- Toured with the Romantics, Chicago, Kansas, The Bodeans and Johnny Winter. Also as a member of Little America, Andy gigged with Humble Pie, The Spencer Davis Group, Belinda Carlisle, Meat Loaf, Steve Earle, Jeff Healey and the Fabulous Thunderbirds.
- In 1993, Logan and extraordinary drummer/musician Kurt Custer (Little America, Steve Earle, Lynyrd Skynyrd) teamed up to record "Custer and Logan", a groundbreaking piece of soulful Americana, then he followed with four solo releases, "Last Dance on the Wild Frontier", 2002, "Ride", 2006, "Psychedelic Delta Moonshine", 2010, and the latest, "Transistors of Mercy", 2016, all featuring exceptional tunes without filler.
- Andy played lead guitar for Michael Jackson's guitarist Becky Barksdale, and helped her to secure a record deal with the "House of Blues" label.